1. WIDER READING / WATCHING
Some resources to get you thinking about gender representation.
Spend some time watching and listening to extra resources outside of lessons to improve your overall understanding - and grade!
VISIT and have a look here:
Aiming for an A? Have a look at these slides to further your knowledge.
FINALLY, WATCH THIS AND TAKE NOTES for your portfolio research (sum up what key messages you can learn from the video)
2. Starting research for your coursework portfolio.WHAT ABOUT REPRESENTATIONS OF WOMEN IN MUSIC VIDEOS?
What stereotypes are reinforced here? What are the messages in the song? Do you think Pink is being fair and making a good point or just reinforcing stereotypes?
Write your responses on A4 for the research section of your portfolio (We will finish this next lesson)
3. HOME LEARNING:1. Watch Jessie J's video "Like a dude" then answer the following questions:
- What is Jessie J's message in this video? Do you think it is effective? Why? Why not?
Aim for one side of A4 and add some screen grabs from the video to justify your points.
WARNING: SOME SWEARING IN THE LYRICS.
2. Respond to the feedback/ questions I wrote as I marked your work. You may need to redraft one question.
3. Put some order in your folder. I WILL CHECK THEM AND EXPECT THEM TO BE CLEARLY ORGANISED.
Phone calls home if that's not the case.